Comment on page
F7 Close-out Report
Project Catalyst Fund 7 Close Out Report
Stephen Whitenstall. Catalyst Circle V2, Catalyst Coordinator Representative and proposal owner.
This proposal was documented on the Catalyst Coordinator GitBook later renamed to
The main objective of the F7 Scale-UP Cardano’s Community Hubs Challenge was how to “encourage Local Community Hubs to drive adoption and awareness of Cardano in the next 6 months?”
The Challenge’s KPIs or key metrics to measure included :
- How many new Hubs were launched in the next 6 months?
- How many developers did this community-focused challenge bring into the Cardano ecosystem?
- How many new users of Cardano were onboarded?
- What was the total reach of the Hub's initial marketing launch?
- How many external organizations did this community-focused challenge bring into the Cardano ecosystem?
The Catalyst Coordinator Hub GitBook laid the foundation for the subsequent Funded Proposer Sub-Circle (detailed in this report - link) that launched in May 2022. This met the Challenge KPI of launching a community Hub.
Between its inception in November 2021 and completion in May 2022 the Catalyst Coordinator Hub GitBook provided a collaborative layer to answer FAQ questions, leave feedback and raise issues.
The Catalyst Coordinator Circle Rep used the GitBook platform to collate a FAQ (https://quality-assurance-dao.gitbook.io/funded-proposers-hub/information/faq) and guidance on proposal reporting (https://quality-assurance-dao.gitbook.io/funded-proposers-hub/reporting/reporting).
This was later documented on the GitBook as part of the Fund 7 Catalyst Coordinator Hub proposal.
This process was part of Catalyst Circle V2 problem sensing as defined in CCv1 “Maintain an agile backlog list to track issues between meetings.” and built on Catalyst Circle tracking started by QADAO
Approximately 161 commits or changes were made to the GitBook between November 2021 and September 2022. This is illustrated below in the GitHub Insights contributor graphs.
Amount of commentary on GitBook and on social media
Building the GitBook and referencing it over the period November 2021 and May 2022 attracted commentary on social media.
Page views and dwell time
Unfortunately Google Analytics was not set-up to track this in detail.
Number of issues from the Coordinator community that are raised and explored by Catalyst Circle.
A number of issues or problems were identified and explored by Catalyst Circle V2 using the GitBook and GitHub platform developed.
The Key achievements were :
- 1.Building a GitBook to provide reference information for funded proposers and resource to later support the Funded Proposer Sub Circle.
- 2.Migrating and maintaining support for the Catalyst Circle Prioritised Problem Board on GitHUb.
- 3.Documenting A number of issues or problems on the Catalyst Circle Prioritised Problem Board on GitHub and in the Catalyst Coordinator Hub GitBook (later the Funded Proposers Hub GitBook)
Create and maintain a timely feedback mechanism. Opening and closing issues of concern to the community.
Mentor and induct people into community participation.
Communicate governance activities on social media. Install Google Analytics for monitoring and reporting engagement.
The F7 Catalyst-Coordinator Hub proposal provided infrastructure for the subsequent F8 Proposers Hub proposal. See close out video here - https://youtu.be/KEWlXdfw1JE